reading: social network ad revenues to Reach $10 Billion Worldwide in 2013
Worldwide social network ad revenues will reach $5.54 billion this year, eMarketer estimates, with just under half that amount, $2.74 billion, coming from the US market.
Revenue growth is solidly in the double digits in the US, but even more rapid growth elsewhere will mean spending outside the country will account for a slightly greater share each year. By 2013, non-US revenues will make up 51.9% of the total, which will hit nearly $10 billion worldwide. In the US, social networks will make $4.81 billion from ads that year.
The bulk of these dollars, in the US and around the world, will go to Facebook, while a much smaller share will go to Twitter and other social networks. eMarketer’s first forecast of ad revenues for LinkedIn predicts the site will account for 3% of worldwide social network ad revenues this year, with $140.8 million. The site has more than tripled its ad dollars in two years, though growth is tapering off.
Filed under: advertising, social media | Leave a Comment
Tags: 2013, ad spend, emarketer, social media advertising
the type of stuff I write aboutadvertising art blog bloggers blogging Blogs I like to read books business campervan cartoon cartoon strip celebrity CIPR colocation communications economy facebook flexible working google graffiti holiday homeworking internet iphone journalists knickers LFC management marketing maternity leave media media relations music PR recession remote working sanity search Seth Godin social media social networking tech pr teleworking Twitter worklife balance
- @searchbeest @DawnHFoster ain't that the truth…. 2 days ago
- RT @DawnHFoster: EDF's twitter feed is a mess right now. http://t.co/ECp2zGgKlB>assumed EDL was popular due to supporters able to spell it 2 days ago
- MacBook being collected today pre-maternity leave….wonder if I can convince husband I'll need an Air for home use….unsuccessfully! 2 days ago
- Planning a spot of newsjacking? Read @ruderfinnuk 's top five tips for a successful Twitter newsjack bit.ly/183KCIl 3 days ago
- Aha...late stage pregnancy insomnia I presume? What took you so long....? 3 days ago
a bit about meI am head of the technology and corporate division at Ruder Finn UK. The opinions voiced here just belong to little ol' me and are not necessarily representative of the agency's views.
where to find me
things I’ve written lately